[Marxism] Avoiding the black bloc?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 9 20:29:58 MST 2012

On 2/9/12 10:17 PM, Jonathan Flanders wrote:
> If its a tactic, ie, wearing black and masks, then I'm against this as a
> tactic, period. It splits the people into two groups, the black clad and
> everyone else.
>
> It smacks of some sort of Batman superhero posturing. Here comes the
> Black Bloc to save the day! As the benighted masses look on stupidly or
> cheer. Or get "educated" by a cop's nightstick after the superheroes run
> away.

I am beginning to wonder if it is worth answering Joseph who is in my
view not much of a Marxist. In fact, he only gets worked up defending
anarchism here despite his claim that he evolved into a Marxist some
years ago. All in all, he reminds me of Macdonald Stainsby who used to
play the same kind of role here. Constant arguments with him from
Seattle 1999 until he unsubbed a couple of years later, having decided
that Marxism was not for him. Who knows, maybe Joseph just enjoys having
arguments with Marxists.