[Marxism] Being a communist in 2012

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:23:05 MST 2012

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/02/201223111316317303.html

'Being a communist in 2012 is not a political choice, but rather an
existential matter. The global levels of political, economic and social
inequality we are going to reach this year because of capitalism's logics
of production not only are alarming, but also threaten our existence.
Unfortunately, war with Iran is likely to begin, public protest might
increase throughout the West because of government austerity programmes,
and these very disorders will probably be suppressed with
sophisticated high-tech weapons.

These issues are existential; that is, they touch our Being.'