[Marxism] Being a communist in 2012

Scott Ritner ritns028 at newschool.edu
Mon Feb 13 20:12:05 MST 2012

You Draw this concept of "Being" as a distinctly Heideggarian one, but
alas, your analysis is sadly out of date. It has been over 70 years since
Bataille and Blanchot merged Heidegger and Marx and 50-60 since Marcuse was
even more successful in bringing a Heideggerian lens to Marxist thought.
Despite the myriad of misteps and problems of the article, the
conceptualizing of "Being" in the existential sense of experiential being -
the being of the experience of communism, or the being of experience of
liberated revolutionist - is, in fact a determinate and negationist sort of
experience that challenges the capitalist order and promotes the
development of new modalities of bringing organized disorder into the
byways of capitalist material and bourgeois ideological hegemony.

If communism is no longer of political relevance because it is no longer
attached to the idea of a particular state, then perhaps it is the idea of
the sovereign function of the organization of society that is out of date
and not the fundamental tenets of a social organization that may be
experienced as emancipatory.