[Marxism] query re housing and class

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:00:38 MST 2012

Thanks, Tom, this is very useful, including the link to your own article

I remember years ago there was an article somewhere about a parallel
phenomenon in New York, about how one of the subway lines was built or
expanded to encourage garment workers to leave the Lower East Side and move
up to the Bronx, in order to dilute the radical concentration on the LES.

And then there's GM's destruction of the L.A. rapid transit system...
By the way, I've always wondered about the reverse phenomenon of
working-class suburbs in European cities...