[Marxism] Debate over Occupy tactics: an invented controversy

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:00:37 MST 2012

> So, I repeat again, why do we need to constantly couch revolutionary
> or rebellious acts of violence in the language of self-defense allowed us
> by liberal jurisprudence?

Questions of organization and tactics are very important and I don't think
anyone would argue that at this point in time in any country is there a
solid understanding of what will work best to build a successful mass
revolutionary working class movement capable of overthrowing global
capitalism. Which is a reason I really liked the beginning of the debate
around Cliff's work that was started.

My understanding was part of the reason Louis started this list over a
decade ago was to discuss what has gone wrong in attempts at developing
such parties and what to do in the future.

You may argue that this discussion is separate from that. I'd say it is not.

Tristan