[Marxism] Debate over Occupy tactics: an invented controversy

Scott Ritner ritns028 at newschool.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:09:43 MST 2012

Some of the "vandalism" and, I must say it continues to shock me that we
are using this legalistic term, at that occupation served a primary
propagandistic purpose. Lucy Parsons quotes, messages of solidarity with
Oakland, etc. There was also a lot of really dumb stuff written on those
walls. I'm not going to reproduce those modalities of discipline that frown
upon it. Or, to make a big deal about it. An occupation is an act of
rebellion, should everyone participating act like angels during its
exacting?