[Marxism] An Apology Ceremony That We Need to Publicize

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 18:50:46 MST 2012

An Apology Ceremony That We Need to Publicize

By Bill Fletcher, Jr.
BlackCommentator.com Editorial
Board
BC
Feruary 16, 2012

http://www.blackcommentator.com/459/459_aw_apology.php

On February 26th, a ceremony is to take place in
California apologizing to the approximately 400,000
people of Mexican ancestry who were deported from the
USA in a spate of ethnic cleansing that gripped the USA
during the Depression. What is at stake in this
ceremony is not only the apology but what it says about
racism and ethnic cleansing in times of economic
crisis.

Approximately two million people of Mexican ancestry
were deported from the USA during the Depression. This
was not only Mexican nationals, but Chicanos as well,
i.e., US citizens of Mexican ancestry. This was a
blatant example of ethnic cleansing taking place in the
USA which destroyed families and exiled family members,
in some cases indefinitely.