[Marxism] [Pen-l] Leftist scholar John Coatsworth named Columbia provost

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Feb 21 13:46:24 MST 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:25:21 -0500
Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> > The waitstaff -- erm, professioriate -- mostly seem to be perfectly
> > nice liberal Upper West Side people

> I understand that some of them own sailboats.

Possibly. I never yet met one at the Boat Basin, however.

I think they may be mostly too cautious for sailing(*),
which is a ridiculously temerarious pastime. The winds to
which they trim their sails are mostly of the metaphorical
kind.

---
(*) Or 'yachting', as Louis endearingly says.

--
--

Michael J. Smith
mjs at smithbowen.net