[Marxism] Antibodies; Evil

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 28 11:35:25 MST 2012

Within the past week or so, I have seen two movies on Netflix
streaming [the 2 in the subject heading] that remind me why I like
“foreign” films. It has nothing to do with being a snob—even
though I confess to being one from time to time. It has more to do
with a need to be entertained. A few weeks ago, I got this comment
from Ben Courtice under my review of The Forgotten Space, a
Marxist documentary I compared favorably to “escapist trash”:

	I actually have a preference for one piece of escapist crap after
another – I spend my days as an activist wading through torrents
of information about how the world is going to shit – but this
sounds really good! Thanks I’ll look out for it.

I told Ben that I might have something to say about “Woman in
Black”, “Chronicle”, and “The Grey”, three films I saw at my local
Cineplex, but simply lacked the motivation to follow through since
despite being watchable, they were just not good enough to qualify
as “escapist” fare.

Interestingly enough, both films pay homage to Hollywood “escapist
trash”, perhaps demonstrating that other countries can take our
own designs and improve upon them, like the latest Chinese
consumer electronics.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/antibodies-evil/