[Marxism] Obama’s Recovery for the Few

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jun 1 08:24:23 MDT 2012

Obama’s Recovery for the Few by Jack Rasmus
Pluto Press, 2012, 177 pp.

Review by Carl Finamore

Apparently, economics is one of the most popular electives in Ivy
League schools. Admittedly, it can be a difficult and confusing
subject. Particularly, it appears, for undergraduates from these
very elite colleges. According to a survey in the Wall Street
Journal published a couple of years ago, most of them walk away
from their brief classroom introductions with blind faith in an
unfettered and unregulated market economy. Perhaps this explains
Harvard graduate Barack Obama’s June 2008 comment to cable
business channel CNBC that, “I’m a pro-growth, free market guy. I
love the market.” Maybe they’re all reading the same books. I have
another recommendation. Economics professor Jack Rasmus’s latest
book, Obama’s Economy: Recovery for the Few. In clear descriptive
language, Rasmus presents a devastating indictment of the last
four years of utterly failed government policies and their
underlying false precepts.

full:
http://www.zcommunications.org/books-music-tv-and-film-by-carl-finamore