[Marxism] 46 percent of Americans think that the earth is less than 10, 000 years old

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Jun 1 17:32:45 MDT 2012

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:22:54 -0400
Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/12 5:46 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
> > There didn't need to be; it wasn't a dissident movement then. But
> > vulgar Darwinism is the orthodox church nowadays.
>
> You mean like we are descended from apes?

But we're not, as any primatologist will be quick to tell
you. You're making my point for me, Louis: so many
of the people for whom belief in evolution is a touchstone
actually know little or nothing about the subject.

> I bet if you get something like glaucoma--god forbid--you'll look for
> the most credentialed expertise you can get your hands on and afford.

I was wondering how long it would take you to stoop to this level of
argument. Longer than I expected, actually. I applaud your
restraint.

I always think of this stratagem as the Kitty Dukakis Rape Gambit.
Tiresome but perennial.

--
--

Michael J. Smith
mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org
http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com
http://cars-suck.org

Some fine cliches there. Should be encouraged. Too many damn people
trying to be different. Coining phrases when a good platitude would
do and save anxiety.