[Marxism] Bilderbergers and populist critters

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 8 10:29:48 MDT 2012

On 6/7/2012 2:23 PM, Richard Menec wrote:
> A video is circulating with key organizer Alex Jones on a megaphone at
> this latest anti-Bilderberg protest.  As the black limousines pass
> Jones states that attendees to this annual meeting bring in
> gold-covered roasted babies to eat.

Patrick Bond comments:
Yeah, the rhetoric is off-putting... though to be fair, his group's
rebuttal is that this was metaphorical along the lines of Jonathan
Swift's Modest Proposal.

Are these Jonesians drinking his Kool-Aid all over the US these days?

* * * * *

Back in 2010 I received, by way of a trade union list, an interview that Jones did with Kevin Bracken of the Maritime Union of Australia.  My favourite part of the interview was when Jones referred to Bracken as an engineer.  He hadn't done even enough research to know who his guest was.
I am sure that Jones knows his listeners well and he can be sure that sloppy research and factual errors will not diminish his audience and his income.  Some people are eager to hear what he has to say.  No doubt some people are eager to hear stuff with anti-semitic overtones such a references to roasted babies.
Should we take comfort from the possibility that for Jones this is just a job, an easy way to make a living?
						ken h