[Marxism] Our dying corporate class is the guarantee that the mass movement will expand and flourish

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jun 19 11:31:28 MDT 2012

Over the past few days, I have noticed a couple of articles sizing
up the Occupy movement’s status. One comes from the left, and the
other from an inside-the-beltway liberal pundit. Let me dispense
with the last one first.

Although he is obviously at the Washington Post because his
opinions jibe with his employer’s, I always find Dana Milbank
worth reading, if for no other reason than he avoids the
circumlocutions typical of the op-ed writer. In a piece titled
Occupy Wall Street movement has hit a wall, Milbank makes an
amalgam between Van Jones and Robert Borosage’s Take Back the
American Dream Conference and the sans culottes movement that
raised hell on Wall Street and dozens of other cities last year.
It is understandable why he would confuse the two, since in his
eyes Van Jones is “far left”. When I noticed that, I dashed off a
letter to Milbank:

	Dana, you have to get out more. Jones is an old-fashioned
liberal, like George McGovern. I, on the other hand, am a far
leftist. I would like to see the publishers of the Washington Post
stripped of their assets and put in prison for their role in
backing George W. Bush’s war in Iraq. You should be spared, of
course, after undergoing ideological rectification.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/06/19/our-dying-corporate-class-is-the-guarantee-that-the-mass-movement-will-expand-and-flourish/