[Marxism] Angela Merkel: Most Dangerous Leader in the World

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 10:42:23 MDT 2012

Daniel Rocha wrote

> All puppets of the capital. Merkel, Obama, Bush, whatever, are just heads of the Hydra.

This is true to the extent that all political agency is circumscribed by the imperatives of capital accumulation, but I think there's still a notable difference between the Keynesian, growth-oriented strategies and the brutal, openly anti-working class policy of neoliberal austerity.

The political atmosphere in this country is just poisonous, endless racist demagogy against Greece and other nations of the European periphery, and tireless repetition of the blatant lie that Germany and its population are somehow "victims" of external powers (Anglo-American banks, the EU, lazy shiftless Mediterraneans, etc.)

The only consolation is the karmic payback that will hit Germany when its export markets collapse along with the euro.  The smarter heads among the bourgeoisie already fear this.