[Marxism] readings on US support to S African apartheid

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Sat Jun 23 14:19:08 MDT 2012

Hi Dennis, King Solomon's Mines Revisited by Bill Minter was always our
standard text in the 1980s anti-apartheid movement. Let me cc to Bill
and maybe he can write you directly - dmozart1756 at gmail.com - with other
ideas. Two other excellent scholar-activists who made seminal
contributions to these studies of US/SA imperial/subimperial relations
are Bill Martin and David Wiley, cc line.

And the finest video account is a series made by Connie Fields, "Have
you heard from Johannesburg", especially "The Bottom Line" which shows
how sanctions changed the power balance and pulled the US out.