[Marxism] BAD FIRE CLOSE TO HOME -- POCATELLO IDAHO

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at hunterbear.org
Fri Jun 29 13:31:00 MDT 2012

FIRE NOTES FROM RIGHT HERE AT POCATELLO, IDAHO FROM HUNTERBEAR TO FRIENDS  [JUNE 29  2012]

There's been a very bad fire close to Pocatello in the Moose Creek/Scout Mountain area.

Sixty-six homes have been lost here in less than 24 hours and the basic fire of more than 1,000 acres, although "contained", could still break out again.  Best news is that the winds, which can be fierce around here, will be minimal for at least the very near future.

 In a few minutes we're having a tiny little family meeting, including our animal companions, to decide how we'll handle things if a fire crisis comes here to us. Even up here on the edge, we have good road access and fire trucks and men can get here fairly fast. We who live around here can certainly do protective things as well.  The homes in this general area should be fairly safe. But it's obvious we can't take anything for granted.

If a fire crisis does come into our setting, it won't come up from down town but will come from other directions.

Evacuation orders could be complicating.

One thing that's needed now in Western "hot spots" are National Guardsmen and Federal troops.

Hunter Gray

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /St. Francis
Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'
Member, National Writers Union AFL-CIO
www.hunterbear.org
(much social justice material)

See the Stormy Adoption of an Indian Child [My Father]:
http://hunterbear.org/James%20and%20Salter%20and%20Dad.htm
(Expanded and with more photos in June, 2012.)

For the new, just out (11/2011) and expanded/updated
edition of my "Organizer's Book," JACKSON MISSISSIPPI --
with a new and substantial introduction by me.  We are now at
the 50th Anniversary of the massive Jackson Movement of
1962-63.
http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm

And see - My Personal Reflections and Appreciation of
Megar W. Evers:  http://hunterbear.org/medgar_w.htm