[Marxism] I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:50:18 MST 2012

Louis's subject line -- "I'll be glad when you're dead, you rascal you" --
was eerily familiar but I couldn't place it.

Not surprisingly Wikipedia has a thorough rundown on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ll_Be_Glad_When_You%27re_Dead_You_Rascal_You

Great Louis Armstrong, problematic animation (Betty Boop being rescued from
"savages").

By coincidence, last night on Facebook I posted another Max Fleischer work,
this one a Popeye cartoon based on The William Tell Overture (in honor of
Rossini's birthday). It's interesting to contrast it with Disney and Walter
Lantz versions of the same, both the artwork and the politics.

All as a prelude to "The Bunny of Seville."