[Marxism] Facebook frustration

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Mar 3 07:54:40 MST 2012

I simply don't understand how comrades with a large number of FB
"friends" can wade through all the stuff to find something relevant. I
only have 330 friends and it takes forever to go through the posts. I
know that some people who are really into it have more than a thousand
"friends". It is the same kind of complaint I used to hear from people
who unsubbed from Marxmail because they couldn't deal with the volume.
That is why I set a 5 post a day maximum. Part of the problem is that my
FB friends feel the need to convey information that will not be news to
anybody on top of current events. For example, I don't need to be
informed about Rush Limbaugh's sexist radio commentary. I guess that
goes with the territory when you become "friends" with total strangers.