[Marxism] Facebook frustration

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Mar 3 10:42:09 MST 2012

On 3/3/12 12:28 PM, Erik Toren wrote:
> Real easy.  Short answer. Know your friends. Who posts stuff of interest.
> And who doesn't. If you want to take the time, Facebook gives you the
> option to create a list of friends you follow. Head to that list and have a
> shorter stream to read.  If you want something with lower traffic, head to
> Google +.

My wife told me about a discussion she had with a fellow professor who
had the same complaint as me. She recommended keeping them as friends,
but "unsubscribing" them, which seems utterly pointless to me. Same
thing as keeping a list of friends to follow. She doesn't have this
problem because her friends are real friends, family and students and
faculty members where she teaches.

My problem is that I get FB friend requests about 2 or 3 times a week
from people who read my blog or see my comments on FB pages. I don't
want to turn down their requests, since I am basically a nice guy
despite my obnoxious exterior. But once they are friends, they send
posts about how bad Rush Limbaugh is, etc. Dear me, what should I do...