[Marxism] What Russia taught Syria: When you destroy a city, make sure no one -- not even the story -- gets out alive.

Intense Red intnsred at golgotha.net
Sat Mar 3 14:28:46 MST 2012

> This time, journalists were specifically targeted to prevent sympathetic or
> embarrassing reports from escaping the killing zone. As such, you can't
> find a lot of stories about the second Chechen war.

   Is this really any different from what the US did in Iraq? I have to wonder
how the raw numbers of journalists killed in each war would add up?

   No doubt the Syrian gov't killed many in Homs. Despicable. But for Foreign
Policy, the reigning magazine of US imperialism, to cry about this is
hypocrisy on steroids. Where was the mass media coverage and eyewitness
reports about the 2 US assaults on Fallujah? Where was FP magazine's tears for
those civilians, or their outrage as the US shut down the Fallujah hospital or
targeted ambulances?

--
"We tortured people unmercifully. We probably murdered dozens of them during
the course of that, both the armed forces and the C.I.A." -- US Army General