[Marxism] Facebook frustration

Erik Toren ectoren at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:11:37 MST 2012

Facebook. Twitter. Goggle+. MySpace.Friendster (the old version). Diaspora.
Most, if not all, social network sites have the same issue. The issue that
as far as conversation goes it's going to be limited and overwhelming.
Limited in that most of these sites have a limit on how much text to input
(initially or in Twitter's case always). Most folks can only write a couple
of sentences and many links, pics, videos, etc. Overwhelming in that the
"stream" of info is always moving.

I keep the FB friends to a limit. To me the stream is just a news ticker
that I pay attention only at that moment i am logged in. Personally, I use
FB more for event creation/invitation and for the groups. By in large part,
most of the youth activists keep in touch tru FB. Events, meetings,
community actions, etc get done tru FB.

Erik Toren