[Marxism] C. Wright Mills and Marx

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:45:58 MST 2012

DEFINITELY worth reading
I haven't looked at it since grad school, but remember being impressed by
its arguments -- especially as right at that time I was also walking the
picket lines at Eastern Airlines and hearing flight attendants' stories and
what was expected of them in terms of sucking up to passengers and how they
resented it (and would take action as possible against unfair and/or
unreasonable demands in this sphere by management).
This relates back, by the way, to the question about nurses' militancy. A
nurse union leader put it wonderfully when she told me once that nurses
learned to fight for their rights in part when they got over their
indoctrination as little girls that their role in life was to take care of
others and not think of themselves.