[Marxism] AIPAC works for the 1 percent

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Mar 5 14:02:41 MST 2012

On Mar 5, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Eli Stephens wrote:
> It goes from bad to worse.
>
> Chris Hedges: "And yes, it is a regime that appears determined to
> build a
> nuclear weapon, although I would stress that no one has offered any
> proof
> this is occurring."
>
> So even for Chris Hedges, who denounces the "state terrorism, massive
> destruction, war and death" that "we" [sic] have brought to the
> Middle East,
> no proof whatsoever is needed to conclude that Iran is "determined
> to build
> a nuclear weapon,"

There is no possible economic justification for a program to build
nuclear power plants in any country, let alone a country as earthquake-
prone as Iran.  So the only rational (and yes, given the Israeli
nuclear arsenal there is arguably a rational basis) purpose of the
Iranian nuclear program is to build atomic weapons.  So all Chris
Hedges is saying is that the mullahs aren't crazy.  Though there is no
proof that this ain't the case, it is much more plausible to assume
that they possess some degree of sanity.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities
that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying
attention to"