[Marxism] That's what friends are for - (was something about Facebook)

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:25:57 MST 2012

> From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>
>

> On 3/3/12 1:19 PM, Erik Toren wrote:
> >
> > In Facebook, they can "subscribe" to you newsfeed without being your
> > friends. In Google +, works similar. A number of bloggers use Google+
> since
> > folks can sub to your feeds, but you don't have to "friend" them nor get
> > their feeds.
>
> Why do my eyes glaze over when I read this? Frankly, I am giving serious
> consideration to cutting my "friends" down to about 50 people.

I automatically turn down any invites to "friend" anyone on Facebook or be
linked in on Linked-In.  I'm not on other and have npo plans to change this.

I have *actual* friends.  I have coffee with them, go to the pub with them,
visit them and they me.  If they live somewhere else they email me and
sometimes even phone me and vice versa.

That's what friends do.

Phil