[Marxism] Amusing gossip about Saul Bellow

Sun Eagle suneagle79 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 08:18:22 MST 2012

The idea of Saul Bellow with a gun in hand makes my day. And the Bellow-Capote ("that fairy"---S.B.) feud, not mentioned in this piece, also makes for fun reflection.

For the record, back in 1982 he signed a petition, reprinted as a paid advertisement  in almost every newspaper in the country (some say the Moonies were behind it, which wouldn't suprise me) stating that he and other luminaries were "proud of the role the United States was playing in Central America."

Yes, I know it has little relevance to Marxism but it is rather delicious, considering the late Saul Bellow's awful neoconservative politics. Here, btw, is my own take on Bellow: http://www.swans.com/library/art11/lproy25.html

http://www.theawl.com/2012/03/saul-bellow-and-the-malevolent-friend