[Marxism] That's what friends are for - (was something about Facebook)

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:55:43 MST 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Philip Ferguson
<philipferguson8 at gmail.com>wrote:

I have *actual* friends.  I have coffee with them, go to the pub with them,
> visit them and they me.  If they live somewhere else they email me and
> sometimes even phone me and vice versa.

More power to you. As for me, when I came to Gaza, I knew people here
because of Facebook, some of whom are among my closest friends today. And
don't even get me started on the vital role social media play in connecting
the blockaded population with the rest of the world. Many of those
friendships are also very real, whether they ever develop offline (as a
considerable number eventually do) or not.

--
lytlað."