[Marxism] China Already Has 100 Million Electric Vehicles (really?)

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:47:08 MST 2012

I understood David's point.  I was just adding that the electric
bicycles do much to reduce the gasoline consumption.  As far as
electric cars are concerned I am not sure how to proceed.  Blanche's
car was totaled last summer by a student.  We are still dithering
about buying a new car, relying instead on an old 65 VW bug.  In
looking at the electric cars, I am unclear if they do less damage than
a regular "fuel efficient" internal combustion engine because of the
limited lifetime of the batteries and the production of electricity.

I am happy to live in an area when I need to get in a car very rarely
-- in the last month 2 10 mile drives to the airport -- once to go to
Japan and once to pick up a Brazilian who is here to work with me.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

530 898 5321