[Marxism] China Already Has 100 Million Electric Vehicles.

Marla Vijaya kumar marlavk at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 10:31:28 MDT 2012

Big deal.
Electric vehicles that are charged by wall sockets fed by conventional coal fired power plants are no good.
Forget Greenpeace. Commonsense tells us that electric vehicle charged from renewables is a better option, provided they do not use polluting batteries.
But that is possible only when we are able to use a better storage medium that does not kill us - or avoid using storage medium altogether and employ a dynamically balanced generation-consumption system using renewables in a smart micro-grid. The technology is not that esoteric and is well established. All it requires is efficient system design. Simple PV scores a very low point here.

And of course, fuel cells are a more sensible option. you can completely avoid use of batteries in an EV. I do not know whether I will be able to see the day when a Hydrogen economy dawns on us.
Vijaya Kumar Marla