[Marxism] Three films of note

Daniel Lindvall daniel.lindvall at filmint.nu
Sun Mar 11 16:29:04 MDT 2012

I agree with your appreciation of A Separation and This is not a Film
(the final scene of this minimalist documentary - in the elevator with
the janitor - is so perfect I wonder if it was at least a bit
scripted...). BUT, I must totally disagree about In a Better World. I
found it racist and 'classist', the former completely in line with
Bier's and her steady scriptwriter Jensen's other work. I wrote about
it in this piece at the time of the Oscar: http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/02/28/kipling-goes-to-the-oscars/