[Marxism] 400, 000 trade unionists to canvass door to door for Obama?

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:53:14 MDT 2012

Marv is completely right to encourage us to use this article as proof of
the still-massive organizational importance and huge base of the unions,
however small they've shrunk (and I know I haven't reminded Occupiers
nearly often enough of how incredibly tiny labor's ranks shrunk in previous
pre-upsurge periods (mid-1920s etc.).

OWS saw, and appreciated, this big, quickly movable base, in the
antieviction night, and the bridge marches.

I also saw it in a joint OWS/community group/unions meeting -- not just in
the numbers of unionists, but in the organizational savvy which each and
every union activist brought with her to the meeting.