[Marxism] (no subject)

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:32:42 MDT 2012

> But if the breeder reactor program, now being constructed in China and
> Russia is successful, not to mention thorium development, uranium mining
> will be a thing of the past. It will be totally unnecessary. I don't have
> time now to write on this but will in the future of people are interested
> here.

Thanks. And I'd certainly be interested.

My view regarding nuclear power has been "not to throw the baby out with
the bathwater". Meaning, it seemed to me that uranium based nuclear fission
reactors, while being better in the short run than burning fuels, wasn't
the best alternative to push forward with.

Of course, alternatives like wind turbines and solar panels also involve
mining for rare minerals -- but no nuclear waste... --, so it looked like a
lot of work to figure out which energy sources really were the best ones to
push for.

But to not throw out the power source of the atom. I can't help but think
being able to harness this power, in some form, cleanly and safely is the
best way we'll have unlimited cheap power one day.

Where are the dilithium crystals!

Tristan