[Marxism] OCCUPY ATLANTA URGENT ACTION ALERT

Greg McDonald gregmc59 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:37:37 MDT 2012

OCCUPY ATLANTA

URGENT ACTION ALERT:

This morning, at 9am, 5 Chase Bank locations were the target of civil
disobedience in defense of the Pittman Family that lives at 404 Glen
Iris. 6 members of the Occupy community, after dancing on their cars
in the drive-thru at the West-End branch, tried to leave the parking
lot and were blocked in by APD (yes, they were leaving the area). They
have been arrested and we have reason to believe they have been taken
to Rice St. (Fulton County Jail).

At least 3 have been detained at a separate location. We hear they're
being released.

Today, March 12th, 2012, we are going after Chase bank branches in the
metro Atlanta area. We are Take Back the Block and Occupy Atlanta.
This is our third time stopping Chase’s businesses from operating. We
want the deed to the Pittman home, located at 404 Glen Iris, and a
moratorium on foreclosures.

Today, Atlanta shuts Chase down. Tomorrow, on Jamie Dimon’s birthday,
the nation will join us in disrupting their abominable practices.

Our actions are intended for the owners of Chase Bank. They are not
intended for the low paid workers of these local branches who make
money for Chase. Chase executives--without employee input--throw
people out of their homes. We refuse to live in a world where it is
acceptable for bosses to make millions of dollars while we are left
homeless and poor.

We refuse to comply with the terms of Chase bank, an agent of the
system that harms us shamelessly. We do not accept buying back the
Pittman home at market value; we do not accept cash for keys. We
demand that Chase Bank work with the Pittman Family in a way that
doesn't set them up to fail. We won’t stop until we have the deed.

Tonight, at 7pm, Outside of Fulton County Jail (901 Rice St. Atlanta,
Georgia 30318), there will be a noise demo for our comrades locked
behind enemy lines. Bring pots, pans, horns, drums, voices, friends
and family. In a direct action movement of civil disobedience this
could be any of you locked up next time. Let's make sure they know
they aren't alone!

If possible, donate anything you can to Occupy Atlanta legal to aid in
their release. Spring is coming!

https://www.wepay.com/donate/65516

Resist the banks!

Struggle against all enemies of the people!

OCCUPY ATLANTA! TAKE BACK THE BLOCK!
Occupy Atlanta Legal Expenses
www.wepay.com