[Marxism] Why I am leaving Goldman-Sachs

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 07:55:07 MDT 2012

 I had a heated discussion in my office, about this letter, today. I started out with what was a simple analogy. If you decide to jump into a pool, don't get out and complain that you got wet. Colleagues were making the argument, implicitly, that what happened in Goldman Sachs was not ethical. My basic argument was, and I actually believe this, that I am not surprised. I even invoked Milton Friedman - don't think anyone got my point - to explain that that was what I have come to expect from private corporations in capitalist society.