[Marxism] NATO intervention in Syria

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 14 11:52:11 MDT 2012

At 08:45 14/03/12 -0800, Eli Stephens wrote:

>http://www.pslweb.org/liberationnews/news/nato-forces-already-operating.html
>
>NATO forces already operating in Syria
>Revealed by recent Stratfor WikiLeaks e-mail

As usual the PSL proceeds with a narrative mixing accepted facts,
questionable information, and Syrian government propaganda. The article
flows seamlessly into the latter:

>In addition to the British involvement in supporting the rebels, a recent
>security operation in Homs by Syrian forces revealed the role of Mossad, CIA
>and Blackwater forces after 700 Arab and Western gunmen were captured in the
>Baba Amr district, the former rebel stronghold. Among the captured gunmen
>were Qatari intelligence agents and non-Arab fighters from Afghanistan,
>Turkey and France. Along with the gunmen, advanced Israeli, European and
>American weapons were captured. A coordination office established in Qatar
>with intelligence agents from Qatar, Saudi Arabia as well as CIA, Mossad and
>Blackwater oversaw the rebel military operations in Baba Amr, Homs.

I'd suspect there isn't a word of truth in this tract which obviously came
directly from the Syrian government (or one of their willing mouthpieces).
For instance, any Syrian rebel found using an Israeli weapon would likely
be shot by his (ex-) comrades. This kind of talk is designed for the gullible.

>Main goal: To install another U.S. puppet regime in Syria

That's their *goal* for about 200 countries. They've been rather
unsuccessful even in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention Libya......

> the handing over of Libya¹s resources to
>their imperialist masters.

Oh that's real interesting! Could Eli give some examples and numbers? (And
sources for those numbers!)

- Jeff