[Marxism] Shalit: I'd kidnap Israeli soldiers if I was Palestinian

Stuart Munckton stuartmunckton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:00:38 MDT 2012

The father of an Israeli soldier held in captivity for more than five years
by Hamas has said he would kidnap Israeli soldiers if he were a Palestinian.

Noam Shalit, who announced earlier this year that he would be standing for
the opposition Labour Party in the next Israeli elections, has provoked
outrage among the Israeli right with the comments. His son, Gilad, was
released in a prisoner swap last October.

Mr Shalit said the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers by Hamas militants was
comparable to the techniques used by the Haganah, a Jewish paramilitary
group that fought against the British in Palestine. ''We also kidnapped
British soldiers when we were fighting for our freedom,'' he said.

Read more:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/id-kidnap-israeli-soldiers-if-i-were-palestinian--shalit-20120316-1vaf2.html#ixzz1pKbzkuiY