[Marxism] Looking for, of all things, a Kristof column

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:55:24 MDT 2012

I'm trying to relocate something I recently read by the New York
Times' Nicholas Kristof, in which he sought to justify his focus on
foreign do-gooders in conflict zones, rather than the people who
actually live there. As I recall, he blamed it on the readers - he
said that's just what they want to see. And he's probably even telling
the truth about that.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

--
"Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure
mægen lytlað."