[Marxism] Wharfies (longshore) dispute in New Zealand

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:03:31 MDT 2012

Redline blog now has about two dozen articles on the Ports of Auckland
dispute, supporting the workers, explaining what the dispute is about and
what’s been happening and how things might go forward, lessons in relation
to the Labour Party, breaking the law etc.  A list of these articles is at:
http://rdln.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/redline-coverage-of-the-waterfront-dispute/

<http://rdln.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/redline-coverage-of-the-waterfront-dispute/>

This is a very important dispute as the bosses (the city council-owned
Ports company) is trying to break the union and impose casualisation.  The
Auckland wharfies have received support from Australian and US (esp
California) wharfies too.

If I do say so myself, I think the coverage on Redline is unrivalled.

Phil