[Marxism] Left Forum 2012

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Mar 20 08:46:45 MDT 2012

On 3/20/2012 10:36 AM, aaron s. amaral wrote:
> The narrative that OWS intervened from out of the blue to shake the
> conservative Unions and the left from their bureaucratic/democratic
> centralist torpor is much loved by a group of anarchists at OWS, but truly
> ahistorical.

I will let others judge whether Bloombergville was "crucial" for OWS.

My more general point is that these Occupations, whatever their
origin, incorporate elements of the anarchist and autonomist
movement. That is why Maria Sitrin was invited to speak at Friday
night's plenary, not Lee Sustar. And that is why a panel was
organized at the Left Forum in which Lenin's "State and
Revolution" was waved at the neo-Proudonist, petty-bourgeois
occupiers like a crucifix at a vampire.

But don't let me stand in the way of you comrades considering
yourselves a legend in your own mind. I know exactly how that
works, having been in the SWP for over a decade.