[Marxism] Left Forum 2012

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:40:33 MDT 2012

If we're playing that game, I could name plenty of earlier "general
assemblies" much closer to Wall Street - this one (
http://nyulocal.com/city/2011/11/28/occupation-at-new-school-meets-its-demise),
for example - in which anarchists had a much stronger role. Hell, I'm
pretty sure they originally called for one at my own sleepy alma mater
during the student/faculty strike in February 2008 (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrc/sets/72157603901798511). I'm having a
hard time digging up a link, though, because Virginia's state legislature
is also the "General Assembly." But really, what's the point of any of
this? Obviously there are all kinds of ways to trace the lines back to 1968.

If you think that "the really FIRST initiators of OWS" were Berkeley
students, you're woefully underestimating New York's own tradition of
resistance. Bay Area types did contribute "twinkling" to the cause, though.
Thanks a lot for that. Really. :-/

The first "General Assembly", so named, and so

--
lytlað."