[Marxism] Left Forum 2012,

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:34:55 MDT 2012

Robin,
 I actually wasn't *trying* to get into the "who was there first". Problem
with writing this out is that the full meaning never gets put out there. I
was actually defending the view (as opposed to the rather ignorant view
expressed by our Comrade Moderator) that the ISO was there from the very
beginning, maybe not at Wall Street, but everywhere else they had branches.
At no point was I trying to diss the ISO. One can disagree, of course, with
this or that aspect of ISO intervention, but trying to say they were
outsiders is simply dumb.

Secondly in terms of the 'first general assembly' i am MORE than happy to
have been shown to be wrong that the 2009 GA at UCB was the first actual
mass General Assembly in resistance to budget cuts (or any other issue).
I'm no less
provincial being in the Bay Area I guess  than anyone else!

David