[Marxism] The Island President

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Mar 21 13:30:37 MDT 2012

My first inkling that there was something a bit “off” about The
Island President, a documentary opening at the Film Forum in NYC
on March 28, was when the opening credits revealed that the Ford
Foundation was a co-producer. Since the film is a profile of
recently deposed Maldives Islands president Mohamed Nasheed’s
efforts to reverse the global warming that is threatening to turn
his country into a new Atlantis, I had to wonder how such
mainstream backing would influence the film’s editorial content.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/the-island-president/