[Marxism] The SWP

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 22 06:14:15 MDT 2012

On 3/22/12 1:38 AM, jay rothermel wrote:
> A put-down unworthy of an admirer of Bert Cochran, but not
> unexpected. Hoxha was well known for many things, including not
> having feet of clay. The trait is sorely missing in our time.

Jay, you don't seem to understand why I created this mailing list in
1998. One of its main purposes, just as it was the purpose of Bert
Cochran and Harry Braverman in 1954, was to create an alternative to and
a critique of groups like the SWP and the Hoxha-ite sect you crosspost
from occasionally. Now you are entitled to your own view on the value of
such groups, but don't ever forget that I have spent my time and money
not to create the equivalent of Hyde Park where anybody and everybody is
invited to make speeches on behalf of their own favorite
hammer-and-sickle festooned sect.

Sometimes people forget that I had an ulterior motive in setting this
mailing list up. I created it as a pole of attraction for those who feel
that the "Marxist-Leninist" model of the 1960s was a disaster. It
reflects my own writings on the topic as well as Max Elbaum's
"Revolution in the Air".

You don't have to agree with this orientation but you'd be advised not
to waste your time and energy trying to change it. It would be much
better for you to create your own mailing list that is geared to people
who believe that groups like the SWP and that Hoxha-ite sect are the way
to go. Contact me privately if you need some technical assistance.