[Marxism] The SWP

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:08:46 MDT 2012

DW said: "Jay, the only reason the SWP list on Yahoo exists is because talk of the SWP *in the current period*, that is the last 30 years, is irrelevant to the class struggle generally. The uptick in discussion on the yahoo list when a book like Barry's comes out is because there is virtually nothing else to talk about regarding a party many of us spent our early lives getting our political feet wet."
A query. I have not seen Any traffic on the SWP-USA yahoo group recently. I stopped contributing because I felt much of the discussion (not all) was indeed "gossipy" and I prefer the commentary on Marxmail. I apologize, Louis, for asking here, but is the swp_usa list still active and I somehow got removed--no worries if so, I requested it "rhetorically" after some exasperation, but did not de-list myself. I am simply interested if the lack of traffic on that list is just my no longer being on it or if it indeed has become significantly more quiet?

I look forward to reading Barry's record, but the discussion here so far meshes very well with my own, then neophyte, recollections.