[Marxism] The SWP

audradavid at aol.com audradavid at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 10:09:53 MDT 2012

My encounters with the SWP are not nearly as systematic as some of the other comrades here. Let me say that during the late 60s, 70s and 80s, I was a member of three important union locals: the famous (or infamous) independent caseworkers union, the SSEU, which became Local 371 of DC 37, Branch 36 of the Letter Carriers Union and the UFT.

I can say, categorically, that while almost every sect in New York: IS (my comrades), the Sparts, the Workers League, the CP, the Labor Committee, etc., had a presence in one of more of these prominent locals, the SWP, to the best of my knowledge and memory, had no presence in any of them.

David Berger