[Marxism] Columbia Manhattanville expansion kills worker

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:56:24 MDT 2012

This kind of murder has grown increasingly common in recent years as bosses
set up nonunion sweatshop-style outfits using immigrant, often undocumented
workers. At least once a month there's a photo of a Latino worker in the
Daily News who was murdered by his boss.
And Louis is right about the salience of the fact that Columbia is the
overlord. Given the huge (700?) crowd at the recent campus rally for campus
unions, maybe some of that sentiment can be channeled into protest against
this.