[Marxism] Blockupy Frankfurt!

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 16:15:03 MDT 2012

An important demo in the belly of the Euro-austerity beast.  I encourage all European comrades who can afford the bus ticket to mobilize:

http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2012/blockupy230312.html
#Blockupy for Global Change
Transnational Call to Action in Frankfurt, May 16-19

International Solidarity in Our Common Struggle

We are calling for massive protests in Frankfurt this May
against the crisis regime of the European Union.  We are activists
representing a multitude of movements and struggles from different
European countries and elsewhere, who have risen up in the past months
and years to protest the assaults on our freedoms, jobs, and livelihoods that have become fiercely intensified in the global crisis.  We have
joined together and shared our struggles and experiences, and we have
realized that in a multitude of local forms, we are fighting the same
fight.  Like never before, our movements are starting to strengthen each other: a truly transnational opposition is beginning to emerge.

Directly following the global action days on 12M and 15M, where we will protest in our own cities and regions, our transnational
struggles will join together in Frankfurt, the European hub of global
capitalism and the place of origin of the distress and misery that
dictatorship of the markets has caused for millions of people.
We are protesting the widespread impoverishment and denial of
democratic rights occurring in the Eurozone as part of a global systemic crisis.

In the periphery of the EU we are experiencing the extreme
effects of politics pushed for by the governments of Germany and France
and enacted by institutions representative of global capitalism: the
ECB, IMF, EU, and their imposed technocratic governments.  Millions of
us have been impoverished and driven to misery by austerity and
structural adjustment programs, the denial of labor rights and the
slashing and privatization of public services, such as education,
healthcare, and welfare.  We are experiencing the looting of human and
natural resources by supposedly democratic institutions!

Yet these processes are only the most evident sign of the
precarization of working and living conditions experienced in all of
Europe and beyond.  Our social uprisings, traversing the internal
borders of the EU, are the expression of indignation acting outside
every form of political representation.  As representative democracy
fails, we leave it behind, creating our own democratic practices in
everyday struggles against exploitation.

We are experiencing global migration as another clear sign of
the refusal of this transnational system of exploitation, its border
regimes and violent wars.  It is devastating our earth and basic
livelihood.  The situation is urgent: we are facing a human-made climate disaster!

Yet in Europe and beyond, we are also experiencing the
emergence of political movements that are challenging the everyday
exploitation of people and the earth, the social fragmentation,
precarization, and racism that pretend to divide and then weaken us.  By creating connections among these movements and making ourselves visible and powerful, we are attempting to practice a real democracy right now.  In Frankfurt, we have the opportunity to make these connections real,
and to empower local struggles on a transnational level.  We will
blockade a crucial center of global capitalism, learning from what we
watched in Oakland and the Occupy movement in the United States, who in
turn learned from the revolutions across North Africa, the Middle East,
and the Indignados of Southern Europe.  Let us bring our movements
together in solidarity to continue the fight!  Let us not miss this
opportunity to set the agenda to reinvent our common future!

On May 17 we will occupy parks and main squares in the city
center with our tents to create spaces for discussion and exchange.  On
May 18 we will advance from different points toward the financial
district: our vision is a full blockade of the ECB and all the other
important financial institutions in Frankfurt to stop their running
business.  On May 19 we will show our magnitude in a mass demonstration
and make it known that we will not allow our societies to be destroyed
by financial institutions.

FOR A TRANSNATIONAL MOVEMENT TO END PRECARITY AND IMPOVERISHMENT!
FOR INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY, FREEDOM and REAL DEMOCRACY NOW!
#BLOCKUPY FRANKFURT!
May 16 -- arrival and actions at the ECB board meeting
May 17 -- OCCUPY the financial district, asambleas, cultural program
May 18 -- BLOCKADE the ECB and major banks
May 19 -- MASS international demonstration
+ create local and regional planning groups + spread infos and stay tuned + come in masses +