[Marxism] anticapitalism in the Hunger Games

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 10:18:56 MDT 2012

A two-page spread in yesterday's News touting the "anticapitalist",
"anti-bank" message of the Hunger Games:
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/real-target-hunger-games-article-1.1050025
I have to admit it's been a while since I read the series, and can't
comment intelligently until I review the last volume whether the op-ed
author is right about the conclusion (which op-ed author Emily Gould claims
is pessimistic about the possibility of change).
Regardless, it's significant that the anticapitalist message of the books
-- which is very clear -- is the main theme of this column.