[Marxism] Excellent talks about Iraq and more
elishastephens at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:20:15 MDT 2012
On Sunday the ANSWER Coalition held a well-attended teach-in in San
Francisco entitled "War Crimes and Regime Change in the Middle East" on the
occasion of (more or less) the 9th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq.
There were some really excellent talks given.
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General; author of ³The Fire This Time²
(first U.S. Gulf War); has traveled extensively to Iraq, Iran, Lebanon,
Palestine, & other countries in region.
- Mike Prysner, Iraq War vet and co-founder of March Forward, an
organization of anti-war vets and active-duty service members
- Dr. Henry Clark, Executive Director, West County Toxics Coalition
- Nazila Bargshady, Iranian American activist, member, Teachers for Public
- Dr. Jess Ghannam, Al-Awda Palestine Right of Return Coalition, UCSF Global
- Gloria La Riva, Award-winning filmmaker, ³Genocide by Sanctions² (Iraq)
- Richard Becker, Author, "Palestine, Israel and the U.S. Empire"
The entire program is available on Ustream here:
Three of the individual talks are available on YouTube:
The opening talk, an excellent survey of the entire subject, by Richard
The talk by Dr. Jess Ghannam on the health consequences of war and
occupation in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Palestine, filled with information you
won't find elsewhere: http://youtu.be/PCoqdpuM6Cs
An powerful and inspirational talk by Mike Prysner that received a standing
ovation, rebutting Obama's "Day of Honor" proclamation with the REAL lessons
of the war against Iraq: http://youtu.be/KlHwp16Ac0U
Left I on the News
More information about the Marxism