[Marxism] Galloway wins

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at freenet.de
Fri Mar 30 07:40:46 MDT 2012

On 30.03.2012 13:20, Sebastian Clare wrote:

> Those are my sentiments also. He divides opinion and veers sometimes
> towards demagoguery a little too often, but his politics are defiantly
> left-wing, and if he ruffles a few feathers amongst the establishment
> parties and media outlets then so much the better. It's not a major victory
> by any means, but it raised a smile from me at least...

Richard Seymour has a somewhat more positive take on the issue:

<http://leninology.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/galloway-wins.html>

We shouldn't forget that Bradford isn't just anywhere - it's at the
centre of the Labour heartlands - this is where the Independent Labour
Party - a forerunner of the current Labour Party - was founded almost
120 years ago. the result also shows a collapse of both the Conservative
and the Liberal votes. Let's not be too quick to dismiss it as a flash
in the pan.

But as Richard says, it depends on the left getting it's act together.
Galloway may be a bit of a maverick and he may piss most of us off a lot
of the time but we shouldn't just look at the negative aspects and we
shouldn't just dismiss this victory because it's labelled "Galloway".

Einde O'Callaghan