[Marxism] Sarkozy's defeat is our victory, but there are bigger battles to come

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:12:37 MDT 2012

John

Have you given much thought to the impact of all this on Oz? a radical
opening in Greece will have immediate contacts in Oz among Greek
Australians would it not?  Likewise a jump to the Left in the UK would have
profound consequences for us. It is also possible that the disgracing and
humiliation of Murdoch in the UK could benefit us here in Oz.

In the meantime we seem to have the political equivalent of the economics
of stagnation.  The mining boom keeps us off the floor, but none of the
bourgeois parties have in place policies to use the boom to boost other
economic sectors. that is the discussion that the bourgeoisie are not
having as far as I can see, and the Labor Party is both too clueless and
gutless to initiate it.

comradely

Gary